Friday, April 23, 2010

Coconut goodness

Lately, I've been snacking on coconut flakes. Seriously. Straight out of the package. Sad, but true. I was determined to actually make something that contained coconut flakes rather than eating the entire package. Would I ever tell you this in real life? Most likely not.

Yesterday's lunch, I kid you not


 
What did I make? Jamie's Coconut Cake [from Paula Deen-- you just KNOW it's going to be good and unhealthy]

I only had one 9" pan so this took awhile, but helped with waiting to ice the cake which is my biggest downfall. Pretty much every cake I've ever made got iced entirely too early and got runny. This wonderful cake is pretty dense, but stacks SO well. It's lightly flavored and doesn't have any coconut extract.

It's a beauty, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment