Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Gno [cchi]

I knew it had to had to be coming: my first food failure. Collective sigh here. I adore Italian food and carbs even more so gnocchi naturally was on my 'to try' list of dishes. It now has moved to 'try again' list.

Pretty isn't it? Yeah, I didn't make this.

That would be a lunch in Rome. I ate about 3/4 of that in one sitting. If that doesn't scream glutton to you, then we can be friends.

I used this recipe and it came out more like potato porridge than dumpling. I don't even want to show you the aftermath, but I will tell you it tasted pretty damn good but for texture snobs, this would not be ideal. Odd textures don't scare me. My parents trained me well I guess.

The actual dish was Gnocchi with Sage Butter sauce. More like mashed potatoes and sage. Alright reader, you've beat it out of me, I'll share a pic. Be kind.... I promise I'll do better next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment