Monday, August 27, 2012

Baked Okra


Fried okra was definitely one of my favorite things to eat growing up. There is an old wives' tale that eating okra makes your hair grow thick, my family told me that's what happened to me. If it was the okra, I don't regret it. In an effort to not fry much of anything, I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to see if it could be just as good as the fried stuff... and IT IS.


Baked Crunchy Okra
from The Spotted Fox blog

Ingredients:
bag of frozen cut okra
Italian style bread crumbs
paprika
2 egg whites
salt & pepper

Preparation:
In a bowl, toss together bread crumbs, a few healthy shakes of paprika, and salt & pepper.

In a separate bowl, toss a handful of your cut okra in the egg whites until they are nicely coated.

Take each piece of okra and cover with your bread crumb mixture.

Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the okra on the baking sheet and make sure they aren’t touching one another.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, turning your okra halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment