Friday, August 24, 2012

Tofu Scramble

I'm going to have to apologize for this one because I cannot remember where exactly I got the recipe, but I've already memorized it. Super simple healthy breakfast, here you go!

Tofu Scramble

Ingredients:
1 serving tofu (about 4-6 oz.), crumbled
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 turmeric
olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
mushrooms, red bell peppers (any other vegetables you would like)
3 tbsp tomato sauce

Preparation:
In a small bowl, mix the crumbled tofu with the cinnamon, cumin and turmeric. I tend to go heavy on the cumin and light on the turmeric (which I read is more for color anyway).

In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, and then add the rest of the vegetables. Cook through for about 4-5 minutes and add the tomato sauce and tofu and warm through. I generally use the prepared jarred sauces, but you can also use 1 tbsp tomato paste with some water as well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment