Friday, June 4, 2010

Easy-as-pie [pineapple carrot] cake


No really, this has to be one of the easiest cakes to make. First, it's just baked as a sheet in a 9 x 13 pan. Second, it's glazed to make it pretty for all the superficial foodies. Third, it tastes YUM. Now, I know you may see the flavor combination as strange, but the pineapple gives this cake great moisture. Recall carrot cake *cough more-like-bread cough* Yeah so this solves that issue.

I made this the night before I left for a trip to Austin for 5 days and I didn't get to see it again. Say it with me, folks. Re-frid-ger-ate. Ok thanks!

Pineapple Carrot Cake

Ingredients:
3 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 c. salad oil or your choice of vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 c. fresh carrots, grated
1 c. crushed pineapple (not drained)
1/2 c. milk


Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.

2. Add nuts and toss with flour mixture. Stir in oil and eggs. Add carrots, pineapple and milk.

3. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 35-45 minutes. Cool, then frost with the following frosting:

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla or lemon juice
1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 c. nuts, chopped

Tine's Notes: I added chopped pecans and used fresh pineapple and this was perfect. Honestly, you can't really taste any pineapple flavor so keep that in mind. I had extra frosting from the Red Velvet cupcakes I made a while back so I used the remainder instead of making another batch which is why my glaze is barely there. Probably better for the waist right? Sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment