Thursday, June 17, 2010

I haz chiken?


I know, I know. The meme is so played out. Give me a break, I cook all these dishes and I'm supposed to worry about what to title a blog post? Priorities.

To the food!

Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1/4 c. Italian dressing
1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp basil leaves
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/4 c. Parmesan
1/4 c. Mozzarella cheese

Cooking:
1. Dip chicken in Italian dressing. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl except for remaining cheeses and tomato sauce.

2. Bake chicken for 10 mins per side. Generously top with sauce and cheese, cook for another 2 minutes.

Tine's Notes: I used the NuWave oven for this but the HI setting is equivalent to a 350 degree oven so no worries about that. For the mozzarella, I used an Italian blend. And because you can't have too much cheese, I threw in a couple tsps of grated Pecorino Romano. You'll probably need to avoid salt for a bit after this meal.

Also, a couple of days later, I also made Tofu Parmigiana. I warned you I like Italian flavors...

Thing I learned: This dish is entirely too easy to make. Will not be ordering it at a restaurant again. And neither should you.

P.S. I bought a springform pan so be on the lookout for that Mocha Mousse Cheesecake soon. =)~

No comments:

Post a Comment